it is more than a month since i last blogged. back when i last blogged i had set the goal of uping my word count. but it burned me out a bit. but i have not been siting on my hands for a month i have uploaded some YouTube videos and i have started using my Instagram. i have also put a feed from said Instagram on my website so everyone can find it.
i'm trying to get myself more organised but finding hard to set a schedule which fits everything in and is easy stick to
my mum past away in January and some of here stuff is harder to part with than others.as much as this mug remind me of mum and my childhood you can't keep everything so i have made this quick little video them
I have already told you how I found a bunny in my late mum's garden and I hope by now you have seen the first episode of Bug Out Bunny.
Well episode 2 is up on you tube as of today. So if you want to see Bug Out Bunny trying acupuncture now is the time. I don't know when I will be putting out any new episode there will be. It all depends on when I get an idea and how long it takes to make. So the best thing to do if you don't want to miss any is to subscribe to my channel on YouTube.
This month I have been trying to up my word count in these here blog post of mine. it had been going OK well OK-ish up until last week
Tuesday's post was good hitting both my lower and upper target. But the rest of the week was a bit of a bust when it came to blogging. I just could not find anything to say. I did however get my camera out and take some photos and made my weekly video (it should be up tomorrow)
the first thing to catch my eye was this
a very urban chic industrial bedstead. Spotted under the M25 which I think makes it a desirable pad for the high rolling metropolitan elite
next up is some urban wildlife photography
OK urban wild death photography may be more accurate
this tragic photo was taken under a different bridge just down the canal from the industrial urban chic des res. This pigeon appears to be living (if you can call it living) in a post apocalyptic wasteland where corpses are strung up as a warning to stay away.
Unless a picture is worth a thousand words I thing I am going to find it too hard to reach my goals. So from now on I think I will just track my word count and try not to backslide.
As you will know if you have been reading my blog I have been trying to up my word count for my blog post . Well so far I have been hitting the targets I set for myself but I must admit it has been a bit of an uphill struggle. Like climbing mount Everest wearing nothing but a barb-wire thong. so I don't know just how long I will be able to stay on track
I think something that may help is with keeping my word count climbing is if I can pay more attention to the format of my blog post. This is something I have tried in the past but I quickly slip back into my old ways. The basic format is this
the first paragraph: introduction I witch wrights about what I have already done to get people up to date (that was the last paragraph)
the second paragraph: main body I witch I talk about what I am currently working on (that's this paragraph)
the third paragraph: the conclusion where I sum things up for my readers and talk about any future plans I may have (that's the next paragraph)
and maybe a forth paragraph: any other business if I have any thing else to add like a new YouTube video to share
so in conclusion that is the template i am going to be using to build my blog posts going forward and for today latest it has help me hit my word target. But I think I may need to find some more strategies to help me get to my end 1140 word goal
and do not forget today is new video day so here it is
my main job for to day was to finish the video for the big round mask I have been working on. I started making the mask in January so there was a lot of footage well over an hour it's a good job I didn't film every second of the build or editing may have been imposable. I had already edited some of the footage into blocks to make the final edit an easier job and so my video files did not get into a big jumble. So today I had to put them all together then get the video down to a time I think people may actually watch. This meant seeding some clips a lot more than I usually do.
Then I needed to add some sound. I start this by exporting the video original sound in to Sony acid. than I pay around adding music and sounds, messing them up until I get something I like.
Being a fan of the odd the sound I am looking for is one that just falls shout of the label “music”
once the sound is done I load it in to adobe premiere and add it to the video
now I just need to upload the whole thing to YouTube ready for Tuesday
this may I am trying to increase the word count on this blog because my blogs do tended to be on the shorts side and longer blogs are good for SEO. As with any thing life I ask google for help.
And google pointed to a blog that calmed a blog post need to be between 750 and 1140 words.
I don't I will be posting blog post over 1000 words week in week out.
84 words into this blog I already feel I am dragging this blog out.
The plan is that for the rest of may I am going to try and write a longer and longer blog post.i have set a target for each day to try and hit (today's target 100-144) and I am just about to hit the upper goal
my big round mask I have been working on is very nearly finished. I have just given it a coat of varnish over the watercolour paint making the mask hard and shiny, this has help make the texter from the finale tissue paper layer more visible. Now I just need to attach a strap to hold the mask on.
If all goes to plan my next YouTube (on Tuesday) video will be of the making of big round